At Bonnema Wealth Management (BWM), we use a highly diversified investment strategy derived from decades of academic research in financial and market theory. This approach has seven key components:
- At BWM, we believe that markets work. The capital markets do a good job of fairly pricing all available information as well as incorporating investor expectations about publicly traded securities. This approach rewards investors with market returns while keeping costs low.
- BWM believes that only long – term investing in the equity markets offers you a return that outpaces the effects of inflation and taxes.
- Risk and return are related. All portfolios are invested to take advantage of the dimensions of risk offered by investing a measured portion in all asset classes.
- Two important methods for managing risk and moderating volatility:
- Adding Fixed Income
- Diversifying globally across more than 12,500 securities across 47 countries
- Structured investing along with disciplined portfolio rebalancing helps individuals achieve their long-term financial goals and lessens the damage that might be caused by investing emotionally.
- At BWM, we use low-cost, institutional, asset-class mutual funds.
- BWM uses a third-party custodian, Charles Schwab, to hold your investments. As a Registered Investment Advisor, we have a fiduciary relationship with all of our clients. This means that we ALWAYS put your needs and interests first.